Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Artist Statement

For each small project we filmed for this year, I tried to show a purpose for the story. In my portrait of a place, I wanted to juxtapose the beautiful, natural side of Lakeside Lake with the dirty, polluted side. For my scene assignment, I strived to emphasize the fact that Mr. Lebowski was the antagonist by casting hard shadows on him in all of his shots. I try to have motivated movement of the camera and to move the story through visuals and not rely on dialogue. I have a long way to go, but can already see my self improving as a film student. I am becoming better at translating what I see in my mind onto the screen. I dont really feel I have enough of a body of work to have a certain style, but hope to see one develop in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment